- How To Remove OTA Downloaded File on iOS 7.1 Beta 3 for iPhone and iPad
- How To Install Android 4.4 KitKat Carbon ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE
- BBM got 40 million new registrations in two months from iOS and Android
- How To Install TWRP Recovery on HTC One M8 – Guide
- Android L update confirmed for Moto X and Moto G
Moto G feels like a best Nexus device but it does offer more than stock Android version at a very impressive price level. Many famous tech companies are running with affordable price tags but Moto G has simply managed to gain the top position you can pay attention on. Motorola Moto G unlocked variant is pretty good custom Android smartphone but if you want more, you can enhance the usability with custom ROMs and tweaks. Moto G may see massive development stages. It can be a way to iron out your issue but you need a custom recovery first. Here you can install TWRP recovery on Moto G.
TeamWin’s TWRP recovery 220.127.116.11 for Moto G is available so that you can flash zip files as well as perform factory reset and nandroid backups. However it’s important to note that this Moto G TWRP recovery version is still in working stages, so you may face bugs but just one mentioned by developer at this time. The screen will become dark, once your display shows a dark screen, you will need to unlock it again. Cannot you ignore this bug? You should. The developer will hopefully fix this issue soon in near future.
- Motorola Moto G XT1033/XT1032 (works on both single and dual-SIM). You can check your phone detail from Setting>About Device. It works on both, single and double SIM models.
- Your Moto G should have unlocked bootloader, you can unlock it here.
- Windows PC with Motorola Moto G drivers installed as well as latest Android SDK.
- Backup your device’s data as the below guide can wipe your data it. You can check how to backup Android device guide to get this task done.
- Enable USB debugging on your Moto G. To enable USB debugging, first navigate to Setting>About Phone, there tap on Build Number many times until developer option is enabled. Then open developer options and there you can enable USB debugging.
Disclaimer: Use everything at your own risk as Tech Egis will not be responsible if you damage the device arising from this guide. You have been warned, so proceed carefully.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G
Step #2: Extract the downloaded file into a folder and you will have following files: api (folder) – 1-click-twrp-recovery-installer.bat – adb.exe – AdbWinApi.dll – AdbWinUsbApi.dll – fastboot.exe – motorola-moto-g-twrp-recovery.img – source.properties
Step #3: Connect phone to computer using USB cable.
Step #4: Go to the folder where you have extracted above file and fire up 1-click-twrp-recovery-installer.bat file. Then follow onscreen instructions. Once the recovery is installed, your Moto G will reboot automatically to TWRP recovery mode.
Step #5: Disconnect phone from computer.
Great job, the TWRP recovery is now flashed on your Moto G. If you experience any error, leave a comment to let us know.